Archive for September, 2015
This weekend we updated the upload part of Picblaze.
We removed the old flash uploader and replaced it with a HTML5 uploader.
We are following the tech industry by ditching flash and switching to HTML5.
The following advantages come with this new uploader:
- Only a browser is required, flash is not required anymore
- Drag and drop uploading is now possible
- A total progress bar is now shown
- The remaining time left is calculated every 3% in minutes or seconds
- You can use a mobile browser like for example Firefox on Android to upload images
With the introduction of this new uploader, we decided to remove the limit of 5 images at a time for free account holders. However, as compensation to Pro account users, Pro account holders can now upload up to 10 images simultaneously while free accounts have only 1 simultaneous upload.
Enjoy the new uploader!
More updates are coming to Picblaze very soon! So stay tuned.
The update we’ve just released includes the following enhancements:
- The site heading is now also shown on your public pages (album page, single image page, portfolio page). So now you can easily browse back to your manage page.
- The user heading that used to continue lots of info like when you joined and when you were last seen has been reduced to a two-lines-high “light” bar. In addition, the avatar is now shown in a smaller size to fit in the new bar.
- Various small bug fixes and changes
We have also news on our content distribution network front:
Our CDN now operates as well from a data center in Berlin, Germany. This increases our capacity in middle Europe.
More, bigger changes coming soon!
We’ve released an update for the single image page.
From now on the original image is shown and resized according to your screen size.
Before, we showed an 800×600 large resized version of your image if it was larger than 800×600 pixels.
You can view the effect by resizing your browser. Here’s a test image:
A large update is coming soon. Stay tuned!